The Covid-19 Pandemic has impacted the world of web application development largely. For instance, there has been a sudden boom, especially in the educational sector. Students and educators communicate with each other from the confinement of their homes quickly now. Social distancing and containment of the virus are essential for keeping safe as human transmission still runs high. The threat of this global virus still lingers high, and more and more companies are taking advantage of this boom amid Covid-19.
Web application development and its sudden boon amidst the coronavirus pandemic
Mobile applications have a strong market presence, and people use their mobile phones to find and search for information. Unfortunately, several companies had to shut down due to the coronavirus. Industries in manufacturing, real estate, fashion, tourism, construction, and e-commerce have been severely hit. However, not every sector in information technology has been affected. Companies in the mobile application are doing good business. The number of people using mobile and web apps has increased during nationwide lockdown. Downloads for e-learning apps, along with other remote apps, have mainly increased.
Custom software development versus web application development
If you take the instance of e-learning, you will find that mobile apps give the end-user an improved learning experience. Students can download educational content from the comforts of any place. Web apps have a better and more prominent display. This makes the learning process smoother and seamless when you compare them to other mobile apps. The following are the advantages of custom software development –
- Simple to maintain– There is one Codebase, and developers can use updates in one set.
- Faster launch- You do not need formal approval for using web apps even from a centralized marketplace.
- Compatibility for various devices– The process accommodates different devices even if the models are old.
- Cost-effective- the pricing for web apps is lesser than mobile apps. The costs depend on the number of browsers you use for support.
- Easy to share- You can use URLs to access web apps.
Web Development Services and their advantages
Web development services need a robust framework for support. The framework includes web resources, services, and APIs. With them, you can get a standard framework for creating and executing your web application. Frameworks for your web applications automate daily tasks during the process of development. A lot of time is saved, and the following are the key benefits in using them for web development-
- Efficiency- development is easier and faster.
- Protection- You can detect cyberattacks and fix problems early. This is due to several developers using the framework.
- Inexpensive- Most frameworks for web development are open-sourced in nature. Even if you need an exclusive license for use, they are generally cheap.
- Support- Every web framework has many followers. You will find nearly a thousand developers developing codes. You will find a lot of documentation, tools, and APIs that offer faster development.
- Scalability- You get full accessibility, and it is simple to embrace the code of another developer to create your web application.
Popular apps in demand during Covid-19
The following are the most popular apps highly in demand during Covid-19:
- Ecommerce apps – Grocery and apps for online shopping have become very popular. People can stay at home and order fresh food supplies from these apps.
- Healthcare apps – Healthcare apps gained immense popularity during the lockdown. People were using these apps to get in touch with their doctors. Even orders for healthcare kits and medicines can be placed online.
- Apps in social media & entertainment – Apps like Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, and Twitter became popular during the lockdown. Right from children to adults, everyone was watching videos via entertainment and social media apps.
- Food delivery apps – With hotels and restaurants shutting down in the wake of the coronavirus, food delivery apps gained popularity.
- Educational apps – Students started to enjoy learning with these apps. New technologies and trends have been introduced to them.
- Apps for video streaming – Netflix, Amazon Prime, TikTok, and YouTube. Zoom gained immense popularity as the primary video-conferencing app during Covid-19, especially for offices and people working from home.
- Apps for cooking – The lockdown saw an increase in home cooking apps. Right from amateur to professional chefs, everyone checked them out for new recipes.
The Coronavirus pandemic has witnessed companies switching from mobile app development to web application development. However, this does not mean that mobile app development has come to an end. It was severely hit due to the coronavirus; however, it will always be in demand.
Companies should be aware of the latest trends and technologies to make mobile app development work successfully in the post-COVID-19 era. With this progressive step, companies can transform their businesses with the power of mobile app development.