If we look at modern times, we can say UBER is enjoying the advantages of taxi and providing its luxury to every individual. The beginning of uber created challenges for every transportation provider. Uber’s on-demand service platform is currently available to almost every company and niche. It is no exaggeration to say that every day there is a growing need for an on-demand solution. Individuals make misuse of their creativity to build an on-demand competitive niche market.
By introducing different ideas for the niche market Uber has improved its service. The IOS device has begun to disrupt through taxi. Uber could initially only book passenger ride in the beginning. With the launch of Uber Black, Uber introduced luxury taxi services over time. Uber Black allowed the client, according to their preference, to choose from a wide variety of luxury cars.
The essential functionality of app like Uber
It is important to understand the main components of the system to make an app such as Uber, or a related taxi booking service. Each taxi service relies on the creation of two different applications with different functions, interconnected by an admin panel. A good idea is to develop a cab application booking service as a simple website-landing page. This would aim to gain the support of potential consumers and passengers. Now let us figure out what features to create an app like Uber– for every part of the service are important.
Features for Passengers:
- Register: Usually the option is to register by email, Twitter, or authenticated telephone number. Social media are the most common implementation of this feature.
- Taxi Reservation: Refers to an address, car type range and pick-Up position function displayed on the screen.
- Fare Calculator: the passenger can already review the price for the journey. This is a difficult function to incorporate at the back of the device.
- Tracking of drivers: A function that monitors the movement of drivers to update them during or after the trip.
- Transaction: various transaction options may be introduced. Cashless In-app transaction via credit cards, providers such as PayPal or just in cash.
- Push notifications: Important input; keeps passengers up-to-date with the status of the trip queue, driver’s arrival time, driver’s and vehicle info, etc.
- Driver Rating & Evaluation: The duty assessment (driver, car, route, etc.) correlates.
- Travel Record: Shows knowledge from previous trips and expenses.
- Help to Customer: This feature allows the customer to request for any help they require.
With these above features, there are some of the advanced features, which must be included in the App like Uber.
- Pickup Location: Enables passengers to automatically search for a driver based on their current specific place.
- Suspension of the journey: Offer a fixed time of suspension of the ride.
- Split Payment: Some of our colleagues can divide the trip costs.
- Interactive map: Features allows you to display in real-time all taxi cabins on the map.
- Later Trip: Enables riders to schedule their ride at a specified time in advance.
- Other Request: Allows travelers to travel from their accounts for another traveler (friend).
- Gamification & Special offers: Can include the following items: stars, badge(s), offer(s), vouchers or codes, etc.
- Voice Recognition: Permits using taxi app voice commands.
- Waiting period: Users can add a message to the waiting list at rush hours.
- Stop: The “stop” icon should be introduced to make the journey easier for travelers.
The functionality of Drivers:
The Uber like app must have a driver app created for the driver. Status informs about the driver’s availability. The entire feature list includes:
- Driver Identification & Status: the driver (license, vehicle insurance, etc.) should conduct the driver screening procedure.
- Trip Warning: The ability to accept or reject travel requests, including passenger location information, path history, and travel information.
- Push notifications: Used for alarms, information on the reservation of the taxi app, travel modifications, payment, and finalization.
- Optimization of Navigation & Roads: Include Google Maps for the best route.
- Driver Performance Information: Offers daily / monthly statistical information on journeys and earnings.
- Trying to contact: Messaging or calling from the smartphone to a rider.
Some of the advanced features in a taxi travel system such as Uber are:
- Driver destinations: A rider can pick the desired destination.
- Request Earnings: The driver has a pre-defined number of trips to earn more.
- Time of waiting: The passenger shall charge additional costs for the basic fare in the event of cancelation or waiting time greater than 5 minutes.
- Heat forecasts: A demand view on a chart can be contrasted in order for a driver to prepare his timetable and travel at a greater customer proportion.
- Advance Dispatch: Allows drivers to approve a separate trip request during the current journey.
Hence, Travelling is one of the most loved hobbies of every individual. In today’s time with new technology and upgraded information about the destination, make an individual more passionate to explore the beautiful nature, experience extreme situations of weather. In this manner, these above features must be added in the app like uber so that the passengers around the globe may enjoy the feel of luxury.
Zeeshan Hussain Bhatti is a blogger by passion and Digital strategist & Tech Geek by profession, having a Tech background and experience in I.T development services, Zeeshan is eager towards exploring the modern-day tech landscape. With having interest in Technology and creative solution, Bhatti writes about leading edge technologies, Artificial Intelligence, Logo Designing and much more follow him here: Twitter, Instagram.